Monday 14 May 2012

My first quilt ever!

I know I have another quilt on here but this is actually my first quilt EVER! I had never really sewed in my life except for one pillow case I did when I was in high school. It was right around Christmas time when I decided I wanted to sew and I wanted to make quilts. I think it was all of the YouTube videos from the Missouri Quilt Co. that I was watching. I used YouTube to help me learn how to cut my fabric too. For the binding I used a link I found on Pintrest.

 On a trip state side with my mom I bought my fabric, cutting matt and rotary cutter at JoANN before I even had a sewing machine. They didn't have the one I wanted at Wal-Mart in Windsor or at JoANN so I was lucky to find my $70 sewing machine at Target. I washed the fabric at my moms and when I got home I started cutting an sewing. I used some random math I feel like I made up on the sport and just figured it out...somehow.







I

Not the best picture but I took it for my mom before this blog even existed. This part was done forever, I was just afraid of binding.



It's by no means perfect (the corners on the binding) but it's mine!


I hope that my friend and her little munchkin like it when I give it to her little one this Christmas.

I don't think it's too bad for my first quilt, with no classes and only internet tutorials to help me.

Hope you have a great day filled with inspiration and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment